Online Course FAQs and T&Cs
Online Course FAQs
Do I need any prior knowledge of astrology?
For the Foundation Course it is assumed you have a general interest in psychological astrology and have maybe read a book or two but you do not need an in depth knowledge of the subject.
Will I get written material on the course?
You will have some handouts, chart data and copies of the slides used in the course available to download. You are expected to make your own notes. We also supply a suggested reading list for each term with books that you may like to read for further study.
Are there any homework or assessments?
There are a couple of assignments for the Foundation Course to enable you to practice your skills, these should only take an hour or so each to complete.
Do I have to attend at specific times?
Each lesson is live so if you want to be fully involved in that you will need to attend at a specific time. However you can catch up on any missed lessons online by watching a recording. It is also possible to complete the course by watching the recordings only.
Can I watch the recordings of each class at any time?
The recordings of each lesson are available to watch online 24 hours after the lesson finishes. They are available 24 hours a day to watch online. You are not able to download the lessons though, they must be watched via the website. All lessons from the course will be available to you for as long as you are a student on the course and for at least one month after the end of the course.
Can I ask questions during the course?
Yes, there is a chat box for questions available in every lesson and the tutor will answer those questions live. If you miss a lesson or have additional questions about the course you may email the tutor at any time.
Do I need a lot of online skills to take the course?
No, basic computer skills are all that is needed, if you can log into a website, find your way around the web etc. you should be fine. On registration you will be sent details of how to access the course.
Do I need any special equipment?
No, a standard computer with headset or speakers, and a good broadband connection is all you need. Details of the requirements for your PC or Mac are here. In the Intermediate course you may find a headset is useful for the supervision groups if you are presenting a chart.
How do I pay for the course?
You pay for each term in advance. Term 1 on registration, Term 2 at the end of Term 1 and Term 3 at the end of Term 2.
Do I get a certificate for the course?
Yes, you will receive a certificate of completion once you have successfully completed the course (three terms).
Can I join the course in any term?
In theory yes, however due to the success of these courses they are usually fully booked in the First Term and therefore unless any students leave the course there will usually be no, or very few, vacancies for additional students in Terms 2 and 3. You must attend all 3 terms to receive the certificate of completion.
Online Classes and Webinars - Terms and Conditions
1. Participants of the online classes/webinars have no intellectual property rights from the class/webinar.
2. Participants acknowledge that all material viewed and heard during the classes/webinars are strictly the property rights of the CPA and the Tutor. Recordings and materials from the courses/webinars must not be made available to anyone else, students doing so will be excluded from any future classes/webinars without refund.
3. By participating in online classes/webinars you permit the CPA/MISPA to record and sell the lecture that you have participated in.
4. Only the person that has registered for the class/webinar can attend. The fee for the class/webinar is not transferable.
5. The CPA accepts no responsibility for any attendee of the class/webinar who has not followed the technical instructions for access to the class/webinar or who does not have a broadband connection.
6. Cancellation of online classes/webinars. These will need to be cancelled at least 7 days before the class or course start date and will incur a 20% cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations less than 7 days of the class/webinar start date. In the event an attendee cannot attend the class/webinar, a recorded commentary of the class will be available to the registered participant.
7. Participants of a class/webinar will behave appropriately at all times.
8. The Tutor has the right to exclude any participant for any reason. If a participant is excluded from the class/webinar, a refund will be given for classes/webinars not yet taken after deduction of a 20% admin fee.
9. The CPA has the right to refuse any participant from booking any class/webinar.
10. The programme of any class/webinar is subject to change if necessary.
11. Whilst every effort is made to record all webinars and classes we cannot gurantee a recording will be available if technical problems have made this impossible.